We are open for in-person appointments and Telehealth
Hello to all our Penn Therapy friends. It has been too long since we have seen most of you. We hope to bring that absence to an end soon. As you consider returning to PT, I want to make you aware of the procedures we have put in place to assure both your safety and ours as we move through this terrible epidemic. We have remained open on a limited scale and feel we have an excellent process already in place for patient care. As with everything else during this time, this is a dynamic process and we will update and improve as we move forward. Your suggestions for improvement are also welcome.
- Patient appointments will be made in 1-hour time slots, rather than the previous 30-minute appointments. This will permit us to limit the number of people in treatment rooms and on the gym floor.
- Door handles and all points of hand contact are constantly being sanitized by our staff throughout the day.
- For now, only therapists and Kathy will be present in our offices. We will evaluate the need to add more personnel and aides as we see the need arise.
- No more than 2 people are permitted in the waiting room at one time, and all persons will be required to wear a mask. If you don't have one, we will provide a mask for you.
- Patients are encouraged to use hand sanitizer when you enter our waiting room. You will be asked to use hand sanitizer when you leave the treatment room and when you leave the gym floor.
- Gloves will be available for patients, if requested.
- Prior to treatment, patients will be asked if they have knowingly been in contact with anyone with COVID19 in the prior 14 days, and forehead temperatures will be taken.
- ALL staff members will wear a mask during your treatment and whenever they are in the proximity of any patient or family member.
- Your therapist will be the only person you will come in contact with during your time here. If you prefer not to go to the gym to do your exercises, they can be done in the treatment room.
- For patients wishing to use the gym:
- Our goal is to limit the number of people in the gym to 2 patients at a time so maximal spacing can be accomplished.
- We have placed Lysol wipes near ALL pieces of equipment. We ask that you wipe every contact point on the equipment when you are finished just as you want it to be cleaned prior to your use.
- Masks must be worn in the gym.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about our procedures. Your health and safety, and that of our staff is my primary concern. I know you will return when you feel safe, but I wanted to assure you we are doing all we can to help keep you well as we slowly return to some degree of normalcy. Your Penn Therapy staff misses you all and we hope everyone has avoided this terrible illness. We are all well here and hope to see you soon.